Halt! Do you know your Bra Size?

If I asked you right now what bra size you wear, if you haven't had a professional fitting, there's a 99% chance that you are dead w...

If I asked you right now what bra size you wear, if you haven't had a professional fitting, there's a 99% chance that you are dead wrong. I was.

Image Source: stephaniefierman.com

I walked into White Flint Mall's Nordstrom with what I knew was an ill-fitting 34D Victoria Secret T-Shirt Bra. I knew the fit was all bad because the (ahem) "spillage" suggested that well... a demi-cut bra is just all wrong for someone busty like me. I was surprised however, during my complimentary Nordstrom Bra Fitting, that the lady brought back for me 36 DDD O_O. After trying several bras on in that size it was clear: I'd been walking through life with a blindfold concerning this. I saw my shape change completely, I saw the potential in my posture, pounds were shed... I told the woman, "This is a life changing experience." And to think, I was getting ready to make a (not so cheap and final sale) purchase of a certain corselet in a size I assumed was my own.

I just wanted to take a moment to address what I learned is the most important part about building a wardrobe. You will wear your clothes differently and with a new confidence. My sister was generous enough to purchase a bra for me and I put it on right away. The difference in comfort and look was tremendous. I even forgot I was wearing a bra.

So don't be surprised if your itty bitties turn out to be Ds! But if you've never had one, a professional bra fitting may just change a lot about how your clothes fit. So before you proceed with building your wardrobe stop and address this not-so-minor issue.

Sidebar: As mentioned, go to Nordstrom. The bra fitting is free and their size options are endless.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images