IBHFC: Lemony String Beans

This is my favorite recipe for a quick and flavorful vegetable dish. In my family, during the holidays we don't necessarily regard tradi...

This is my favorite recipe for a quick and flavorful vegetable dish. In my family, during the holidays we don't necessarily regard traditional foods but more so the tradition of food. There maybe canned cranberry sauce on our table but I can assure you that'll be the last thing on the table when everyone is walking out the door. There will no doubt be a turkey at our but I believe this year we maybe going for a non-conformist jerk turk. So, fyi there is nothing remotely holiday about this recipe but it is damn good.

What You'll Need.
4 fresh garlic cloves
Fresh Ginger
1 bundle of Scallions
1 TbspThyme (dry thyme is just fine. tee hee)
8 oz bag of String Beans
Lemons
Olive Oil
S & P

Prep:
- Mince garlic cloves (smash with knife first for a more flavor)
- Peel and grate the ginger
- Chop scallions (I don't really like the greenest part of the scallion. I use the white and just before it get to a leaf-like texture)
- Bring salted water to a boil
- heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a saute pan

Then:
- Add String Beans to water and bring to boil again; cook until bright green

- Saute minced garlic and grated ginger in saute pan

- When ready, transfer string beans directly from the pot into the saute pan (make sure they're cooked thoroughly but still crunchy)

- Add Thyme and Scallions.

- Zest the lemon and squeeze half over the dish (If you want more of a bite squeeze the whole lemon, but I personally love more garlic)

- Season with S & P to taste.

Enjoy.

I'll be sure to post a picture when I make this for Thanksgiving.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images