Jason Wu Woes

I went to Target, the two closest to my house that is, to check out Jason Wu's much gabbed out Target collection. A line filled with gor...

I went to Target, the two closest to my house that is, to check out Jason Wu's much gabbed out Target collection. A line filled with gorgeous feminine silhouettes and mod inspired pieces at reasonable prices, even I could understand if I couldn't get my hand on a garment right? ...Right?

Image Source: Stylesight.com


I went to Target, as I normally do, for other things but thought why not check out Wu's collection. Not only were none of those adorable box bags anywhere to be found but the 2 racks (um seriously?) dedicated to showcasing his line were bare at best. A size 16 accordion floral skirt here, an XXL jersey striped T there. And while I'm overjoyed plus sized women get to enjoy Wu's target line as well, um I'd drown in those pieces. Not that they're no where to be found. Oh no. Once the line sells out online you're certain to find the pieces hoarded by the greed-mongers opportunists on ebay for triple the original sale's price.

While the line provides some very cutesy pieces (this lace trim trench coat is one of my favorites) I can't say I'm jumping out of my chair to get my hands on something. Truth be told, nothing really strikes me as original. I appreciate that Wu's collection offers classic, feminine silhouettes and it definitely speaks to his aesthetic but I did expect a tinge more extravagance. What I do appreciate about this comprehensive collection is that is speaks to that everyday sophistication type. These are clothes you can expect to find in the closet of a Michelle Obama, a Nina Garcia or a Joanna Coles. This is her entire closet. Sophistication, femininity at an affordable price? You can better dress the part now with ease.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images