Some NEW words of encouragement for Class 2011

        I LOVE graduation season and this year was no different. But I was stunned when, at the graduation ceremony I attended this past wee...

        I LOVE graduation season and this year was no different. But I was stunned when, at the graduation ceremony I attended this past week, the song of encouragement for the recent grads was... I believe I can fly? I turned to my mom and said... "we sang this at my 8th grade graduation!"(We didn't. We sang R. Kelly's World's Greatest which would have been much better choice than I believe I can fly) And even then my suggestion for a send off song was If Only Through Heaven's Eyes. Though once the class heard it was an NSYNC song, I was shut down ... fast. So out with I believe I can fly, Time of Your Life and that Vitamin C song because these are my top picks for graduation songs to keep you new grads inspired.

5. The Fight by Sia
We made it through the darkness to the light
Oh how we fought
Yet still we won the fight
Oh yes we stand together!

4. Soar by Christina Aguilera (sure a variation of "I believe I can fly" but less corny, yes?)
Don't be scared
To fly alone
Find a path that is your own
Love will open every door
See in your hands the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know
All the answers you will unfold
What are you waiting for
Spread your wings and soar

3. The Lucky Ones by Brenden James
Our parents they taught us there's no way to know,
I still hear their voices in the back of my head,
Saying, "You'll do better than we ever did" 

2. No Such Thing by John Mayer (I mean have you ever really listened to this song?)

I am invincible
I am invincible
I am invincible
As long as I'm alive

1. Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight by Amos Lee
Sometimes we forget who we got,
Who they are.
Oh, who they are not.
There is so much more in love,
Than black and white.
Keep it loose child,
Gotta keep it tight.
Keep it loose child,
Keep it tight


Congrats Class 2011!
I believe you can fly!



tee hee

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images