Losing my Zumba V-Card

Last night I went to my very first  Zumba session at Lucille Roberts. I've always said you can't say the word Zumba straight faced. ...

Last night I went to my very first  Zumba session at Lucille Roberts. I've always said you can't say the word Zumba straight faced. Whether to you its ZUMBA!!! or zumba, if you know anything about the Zumba craze, you know no second-, third- or zillionth-timer approaches the class half heartedly. My sister and my aunt both can testify, you'll be seriously hooked. And walking into class yesterday, I could see just that on every woman's face: a seriousness, a hunger. "These girls are mean," I told my mom but somehow my mom convinced me to go to the front. I stayed comfortably in the second row but my mom's eagerness and enthusiasm is exactly the kind of attitude you need to bring to the class. Going to the front of the class as a newbie... and moreso raising my hand when asked "any newbies?" not ideal but all of those ladies have been in my shoes.

People, I loved it. Going to the gym is about getting fit and losing weight, going to Zumba is about getting your life back, getting out of your comfort zone, having fun during a rainy week. I'm stoked about going back tomorrow. Not only is the music fun and danceable, but the class is interactive and non-stop. My sister told me, if you love dance then you'll love Zumba and she was right. Its a dance party. Some of the moves you won't get the first try, if you keep at it you will but understand its about moving your body. Moving is half the battle.

If you want to find the closest zumba class to you, start with zumba.com and if your incentive is to lose weight and get healthier, I recommend signing up at a gym so you have access to more than just zumba.

I'll be sure to keep you posted on more of my zumba journey.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images